Wednesday 24 February 2016

A beautiful Russian handmade box made of postcards

A beautiful Russian handmade box made of postcards

Today I want to show our modern and old-fashioned Omsk city by this handmade item.
Handmade boxes ,which made of postcards, had been very popular around 40yesrs ago in USSR.
I still have got couple of boxes which made by my mother and my grandmother.
I still make these postcard boxes same as my mother and grandmother used to do.
This box made of city Omsk, where I live in, postcards.
This box shows you ,modern and old view of the city.
Outside you can see modern city of Omsk and if you open it, you will be able yo see how our city used be in 19th century.

I usually keep sewing tools inside my box which my mother made.



 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment